By incorporating the latest advances in scientific research, a functional medicine approach affords a completely new way of viewing and treating chronic illnesses – from dyslipidemia to diabetes, allergies to autoimmune diseases, anxiety to autism, and more.
Chronic disorders, which can include a lack of energy and sleep problems, are the result of physiological imbalances throughout your body. Systemic inflammation, insulin resistance, oxidative stress, and hormone imbalances can all be made worse by poor diet and sleep, environmental toxins and stress, as well as a sedentary lifestyle.
At CMass Health and Wellness, MD we apply a functional medicine approach to treat conditions such as the following:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Brain fog
- Chronic fatigue
- High Blood Pressure
- High cholesterol
- Autoimmune disease
- Thyroid conditions
At CMass Health and Wellness, MD you’ll be joined by a care team of functional medicine clinicians, health coaches, and nutritionists to ensure a safe return to your optimal state of health.
As such, our integrative medicine approach under the guidance of Dr. Christina Massinople focuses on:
- Using a full systems approach, looking at the interconnectedness of our genes, diet and lifestyle.
- Acknowledging the multifactorial nature of complex causes of illness, which requires an experienced clinician who can pinpoint the reasons you have the illness and craft the correct treatment plan.
- Using the most advanced lab technologies to see how your body is functioning right now.
- Using a personalized treatment plan customized for you, that includes mental health, sleep, nutrition, fitness and supplements.
- Teaching patients how to take an active role in health creation, so that they can heal themselves and keep chronic illness at bay.
- Using natural, non-toxic therapies, as much as possible, harnessing the body’s amazing ability to heal itself.
How It Works
When you become a member of CMass Health and Wellness, MD you will benefit from access to well-rounded, specialized care. Our membership model allows us to provide you with a number of services, which include doctor visits, nurse practitioner visits, patient support or health coach visits, discounts on supplements, unlimited messaging with your practitioners, and free access to workshops and online educational courses. While you are a member, you will also have access to our Biomat infrared heating device, and other extra services.
There are multiple Treatment Tiers available, according to the level of clinical need that your underlying health issue requires. Please visit this page for more information on how we work.
With CMass Health and Wellness, MD you can expect a collaborative care approach between the doctors, nurse practitioners, patient support team, health coaches and patient. We will also collaborate with your PCP and other specialists in order to optimize your long term treatment plan.
You can also look forward to participating in educational courses on topics around gut health, detox, weight loss, chronic conditions, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, obesity, immune health, and more.